Monday, April 9, 2012

Exciting Developments

I'm published! By someone other than myself! The Deseret News accepted one of my articles, which was based on my March 23, 2012 post on this site and it was published on deseretnews.com on April 4, 2012. It is titled 10 Screen-Free Ways to Entertain Kids in the Car. I have personally used all of these ideas. Read my Deseret News article here:  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865553500/10-screen-free-ways-to-entertain-kids-in-the-car.html.

I am also planning some major changes to this blog. It will still be chock-full of family adventures, but I want to transplant it to a place on the web where it will have more room to grow. I am working to make that happen soon. When it does, I'll post more information here and I hope that you'll follow me. In the meantime, I plan to finish my series on our Black Hills road trip and write about our most recent road trip to Southern Utah and Las Vegas. What happened on our family vacation in Vegas will not stay in Vegas, so please stick around.

The Bellagio Fountains

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you have interest, but it is not hard to become a contributor to KSL.com. Obviously they don't take every article everyone sends, but if they like your work or you fit a niche' they're looking for, you could become a regular contributor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deseret News, KSL and others are part of the same company. Writers can sign up at deseretconnect.com and submit their stuff and it may be selected by Deseret News, KSL or one of the others. It is true that they don't publish everything, so I was especially thrilled when this article was published.

    ReplyDelete